Tuesday, July 10

Making Houston Sports Radio A Better Place

Former NFL quarterback, Sean Salisbury, started a new sports talk radio show in Houston yesterday. I had a radio on and I was working at my desk, so I just listened while I worked.

I was bothered by the way Salisbury was giving out the phone number. The station is AM 790, and every other host for as long as I have tuned in to the station would pronounce the last four numbers of the phone number as 5-790. Well, on Salisbury's first day, he kept saying it as 57-90, which defeats the purpose of having the number that way, and it sounds weird. So, I let the first hour of the show go by while I worked, figuring someone else would alert Salisbury to this terrible error. However, into the second hour of the show, I had had all I could take. So I tweeted to Salisbury during the commercial break. When he came back from break, he acknowledged my tweet, and corrected his ways. I might listen to day two to see if he sticks with it.

I have helped to make the world and journalism a better place by placing the show audio here for your enjoyment. The complete show is on Spreaker and you can listen below. I have also included my tweet and Salisbury's response at the bottom. Let me know if you have any questions.

Listen to "SeanSalisburyShow-7-9-18" on Spreaker.

You can hear the phone number being given out incorrectly at these points, among others:

25:25
44:23
56:34 here the phone number was given correctly by the co-host
67:35

Then, the magic happens:

68:13 you can hear Salisbury refer to the tweet from me (see below)
68:20 Salisbury gives the phone number out correctly


No comments:

Post a Comment