Monday, July 1

Fred Lieb Information Needed; Baseball Writer

I'm posting this in a couple of places on the internet in the hopes that the right person or people might find this.

I am doing a deep research dive into the life of Frederick (Fred) George Lieb. Fred Lieb was a prolific baseball writer who lived from 1888 until 1980. His last published book was Baseball As I Have Known It. Lieb is in the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown as part of the Writers Wing. Fred Lieb dubbed Yankee Stadium "The House That Ruth Built."

I am looking for the hard-to-find items as they relate to Mr. Lieb. Articles, book excerpts, personal correspondence (perhaps you or a family member purchased something at auction), clippings, manuscripts, photos, autographs, etc, etc. Mr. Lieb spent the better part of his later years in St. Petersburg, Florida, writing baseball columns for the St. Petersburg Times as well as for The Sporting News, so perhaps someone from that area has items I would not have uncovered just yet.

I have of course already done some pretty common searches on the internet and have accumulated a few things. I do NOT need to own what you have, but scans and details would be most welcome.

Please reach out to me at SteveParkhurst@gmail.com if you have any items, any questions, or any tips on where I might look next.

No comments:

Post a Comment