Monday, October 18

Ranking the First 25 James Bond Songs

I have seen the 25th film in the James Bond franchise, No Time To Die. I thought I would share with the world, since everyone wants to know, how I rank the 25 songs in order from favorite to least favorite, just as I did with the films recently.

In the near future, I plan to post 5 posts, each ranking the sequential 5 songs, and explaining a bit about why that song is where it is on my list.

Here is my ranking, from favorite to least favorite, of all the 007 songs to date. I will update the list again at the 50 movie mark.

Until then…

1. James Bond Theme (Dr. No) by Monty Norman
2. On Her Majesty’s Secret Service by John Barry
3. You Know My Name by Chris Cornell
4. A View To A Kill by Duran Duran
5. All Time High by Rita Coolidge
6. Nobody Does It Better by Carly Simon
7. For Your Eyes Only by Sheena Easton
8. Goldfinger by Shirley Bassey
9. Thunderball by Tom Jones
10. You Only Live Twice by Nancy Sinatra
11. Diamonds are Forever by Shirley Bassey
12. Skyfall by Adele
13. Tomorrow Never Dies by Sheryl Crow
14. From Russia With Love by Matt Monro
15. The Man With the Golden Gun by Lulu
16. The World Is Not Enough by Garbage
17. No Time To Die by Billie Eilish
18. Die Another Day by Madonna
19. Moonraker by Shirley Bassey
20. Live and Let Die by Paul McCartney
21. The Living Daylights by A-ha
22. Licence to Kill by Gladys Knight
23. Goldeneye by Tina Turner
24. Another Way To Die by Alicia Keys and Jack White
25. Writing's on the Wall by Sam Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment